Paws up! So this week's recipe is quite simple to make. It's just a very simple homemade chicken jerky recipe, that only requires one ingredient - chicken! Now these treats do require a good amount of time to make, simply because jerky needs time to dehydrate. If you have a dehydrator or even a meat slicer, this process will be alot faster. But, you do not need to have a dehydrator or a meat slicer. Check out the steps below, and watch our YouTube video that takes you step by step if you get lost anywhere!
Tools you will need:
-A cutting board
-(Optional) A bowl
-(Optional) Meat slicer
-(Optional) Low-sodium soy sauce
-(Optional) Powdered ginger
1. Preheat oven 180 degrees, but if you have a dehydrator don't worry about the oven and just use that.
2. Prep your chicken breast by just cutting out/off any fatty parts so that the chicken is as lean as possible.
3. Once your chicken is ready, use a knife and carefully slice the chicken breast into thin strips. Try and go as thin as you can, as the thicker your pieces are, the longer they will have to be in the oven for. If you have a meat slicer, you can use that instead.
4. (Optional Step) You can lightly cover your chicken strips in a mixture of low-sodium soy sauce and powdered ginger to add taste for your dogs.
5. Once you have your chicken strips ready to go, lay them side-by-side on a sheet pan that has been covered with parchment paper.
6. Once your oven is preheated to 180 degrees, go ahead and pop your sheet pans into the oven and leave to cook for three hours. Once you hit the three hour mark, if you sliced them thin enough, they should be fully dehydrated and be jerky consistency. If not, flip your chicken strips and continue checking on them every half an hour until they are done.
7. Feed to your dogs and enjoy!
Be sure to check out our YouTube video below! (https://youtu.be/KO47Y6PkIEk)
Our Recent Posts
Hey! This is the form we usually use to generally find out how much dog food to serve your dogs based on their weight if you follow our recipe types....